It’s terribly early in the year for me to be making popsicles. The heat is usually still on in the house and shorts are somewhere buried beneath sweaters, fleece, and Smart Wool socks. It’s been so hot here in the Pacific Northwest, it’s hard to believe it’s not already August.
It was 87F on Monday. A very hot day for this gray sky-lovin, pale skinned North-westerner. I’m wondering what August will be like.
Not that I’m complaining about having popsicles in the freezer. It’s just a bit early.
Do you make homemade popsicles?
I purchased a popsicle mold last Summer and shared Honey Chamomile and Watermelon Sangria popsicles on the blog. Ever since discovering how quick and easy popsicles are to make, they’ve pretty much become a freezer staple when the temperature heats up.
The flavor possibilities are endless and they’re quite simple to whip up. Refreshing and a pleasure to have on the ready when one’s melting, if you love rosemary and lemonade, you’re going to love these.
We’re still waiting for local berries here on Whidbey Island, but as soon as they come in, I’ll be whipping up all kinds of popsicle varieties. I have more recipe ideas swirling around in my head to share with y’all.
Now, go get that popsicle mold if you’ve not already!
I’m sharing these Rosemary Lemonade Popsicles with y’all today in celebration of a friend. My blogging friend Izzy of She Likes Food is having a baby boy! So since we all can’t be together, some of Izzy’s blogging friends and I got together to throw her a virtual baby shower. She lives in Arizona and I know it’s already cookin hot there, so I figured she could certainly use something to help her stay cool!
I first connected with Izzy early in my blogging days. I fell in love with her delicious recipes, beautiful photography and sweet, friendly spirit. We both have a love of Mexican food, as seen on her blog, and she makes killer vegan and vegetarian burgers. Her furbaby, Cheeto, is always up to something and I’ve enjoyed getting to know him too, through Izzy’s posts.
Please join in our virtual baby shower to celebrate Izzy, her husband and Cheeto in their new adventure and enjoy all the delicious recipes shared from friends near and far linked below!
Hoecakes with Blueberry Lemon Compote from Making Thyme for Health
Mini Phyllo Strawberry Brie Bites from Flavor the Moments
Veggie and Pesto Flatbread Pizza from Cook Nourish Bliss
GF Blackberry Greek Yogurt Cake from Whisk & Shout
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Brownies from Foodie Loves Fitness
Paleo Tres Leches Cake from The Roasted Root
Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Sauce (Zahra) from Fox and Briar
Mini Berry Tarts (Paleo, Gluten Free & Vegan) from Bakerita
Healthy Potato Nachos from Nourished The Blog
Rosemary Lemonade Popsicles
- 5 Stems of Fresh Rosemary 16g
- 3 C Water 608g
- 1/2 C Cane Sugar 128g
- 1/2 C Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice 110g, about 4 large lemons
- Cover rosemary in saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and discard rosemary. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add just enough water to the lemonade to bring it up to 2 3/4 C (720g). Fill the popsicle molds leaving about 1/8" (3-4 mm) head space at the top. Wipe the top dry, place the lid on top and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze over night or for at least 8 hours.
- To release the pops, I turn the mold on its side and run water over the the mold on both sides. I usually have to pry the lid off, wedging a fork in between the lid and mold, especially if I forgot to dry the top of the mold off before freezing. Gently wiggle the popsicle stick to remove the popsicle... be careful here, I've broken the stick several times.
- Store popsicles in a plastic freezer bag or covered container with parchment layered between the popsicles for up to one week.