Avocado with Roasted Asparagus on Multigrain Toast
Rich, hearty and full of flavor, this toast makes a delicious breakfast, lunch, snack or appetizer. It will fill you up without weighing you down. (Vegan + Optionally Gluten Free)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 Toasts
- 6 Stems of Fresh Asparagus 168g
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 10g
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt divided
- A few grinds of Ground Pepper
- 1 Avocado 228g
- 1/2 in Lime cut 1/2 (50g)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 4 Leaves Fresh Mint chiffonade, then chopped fine
- 1/2 a handful of Sprouts any variety (I used alfalfa)
- 2 Slices of Multigrain Bread or Gluten Free Bread
Preheat oven to 400F (204C). Trim the ends of the asparagus. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and spread it around so that it covers the asparagus throughly. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, rolling the asparagus over at least once during roasting.
Meanwhile, mash the avocado. Add 1/2 the juice of lime, remaining salt, and garlic. Mix well. Taste for seasoning adjustment.
Toast the bread.
Spread the avocado mixture over the toast, then add the asparagus, squeeze of lime, sprinkle the mint over the top, then add the sprouts.
If desired, sprinkle a pinch of salt over the assembled toast.
Serve immediately, while the asparagus is warm.