Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Tangy, a bit spicy, hearty and creamy, this Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a delicious way to enjoy nourishing chickpeas. Fabulous as a sandwich or simply as a salad. vegetarian or vegan + optionally gluten free
Servings 2 Servings
For the Salad:
- 1 Can Chickpeas drained and rinsed (aka Garbanzo) (425g)
- 1/4 C + 1 Tbs Dill Pickles finely chopped (55g )
- 1/4 C Purple Onion finely chopped (about 1/2 an onion) (36g)
- 2 Tbs Just Mayo or Vegenaise 28g or mayo of choice
- 2 1/2 tsp Stone Ground Mustard 15g
- 1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar 6g
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 Sea Salt 2g
- 2 tsp Dill Weed fresh-chopped
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric optional for color and health!
- 8-10 grinds of fresh Black Pepper
For the Sandwich (options):
- Multigrain Bread or Optional Gluten Free Bread
- Shredded Carrots
Using a potato masher, rough-mash the chickpeas until most is smashed but there are still some whole chickpeas left. Add the pickles, onion, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, dill, optional turmeric and black pepper. Mix well. Taste for seasoning adjustment.
Store in a covered container for up to two days. Delicious alone or piled high on multigrain with accompanying veggies.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 5mg