Strawberry Chocolate Chip Nice Cream
Whip up this frosty whole foods treat in no time. Spiked with a bit of chocolate, creamy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (nicecream) is a delicious and easy way to stay on track. vegan + gluten free **Time below does not include time to freeze the fruit.
Servings 2 or 4 Servings
For Two Servings:
- 2 C (207g) Frozen Bananas chopped into small chunks, about 2 bananas
- 3/4 C (95g) Frozen Strawberries stems removed, cut in half
- 2 Tbs Full Fat Coconut Milk Cream from a can, refrigerated, cream scooped out
- 1/8 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbs (25g) Dark Chocolate chopped, then melted
For Four Servings:
- 4 C (415g) Frozen Bananas chopped into small chunks, about 4 bananas
- 1 1/2 C (190g) Frozen Strawberries stems removed, cut in half
- 4 Tbs Full Fat Coconut Milk Cream from a can, refrigerated, cream scooped out
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 C (50g) Dark Chocolate chopped, then melted
Place a loaf pan or other small pan (at least 6 cup) in the freezer while freezing the bananas and strawberries. The nice cream will be stored in this container after processing.
In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade, add the bananas, strawberries, coconut cream, salt, and extract. Process for about three minutes until fluffy and creamy, scraping down the bowl two to three times or as needed during processing. Once processed, slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate while pulsing the food processor. This results in the tasty and texture rich chocolate flecks in the nice cream.
Spoon the nice cream into the chilled loaf pan and enjoy right away or freeze for a few hours to set for a firmer nice cream. For longer storage, place a piece of parchment paper directly on top of the nice cream and/or lid the container it's stored in.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 44.8mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2.9mg