Mexican Chipotle Salsa
This mouth-watering red salsa recipe comes together quick! Make it mild, medium or hot, share Mexican Chipotle Salsa as a dip and with all your favorite Mexican food! gluten free + vegan
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 14.5 oz (411g) Fire Roasted Tomatoes canned* see note
- 1 C (105g) White or Red Onion large dice, about 1/2 an onion** see note
- 3/4 C (100g) Green Bell Pepper large dice, about 1/2 a bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 Chipotle Chili from a can of chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp Adobo Sauce from a can of chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 4-5 Pickled jalapeño Pepper Rings
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice from about 1/2 a large lime
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Fist Full of Fresh Cilantro stems and leaves*** see note
For Medium Salsa:
In the pitcher of a blender, layer in the ingredients: tomatoes and all their juices, onion, bell pepper, cumin, chipotle chili, adobo sauce, jalapeños, garlic, lime, salt and cilantro. For chunky salsa, pulse only a few times. For a thinner sauce, pulse longer. Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Adjust salt to taste.
Pour into a lidded storage container. Refrigerate for at least an hour before sharing to let the flavors marry. Refrigerate for up to four days.
*For a looser salsa, use crushed fire roasted tomatoes. It's not as chunky as diced tomatoes, but makes a fine salsa.
**Red/purple onions tend to be spicer than white, so for a milder salsa, go with white onion.
***If not much of a cilantro fan (some say it tastes like soap) only add a few springs. I add a lot, because I love it. But the amount is completely to taste. Play with it and see what you like best!
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2910mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 662IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg