Mexican Corn Salsa
An easy, 6 ingredient, Corn Salsa Recipe! Better than restaurant corn salsa, because this easy Mexican Chili Corn Salsa is homemade. Take the spicy up for a little mouth burn! vegetarian + vegan + gluten free | This recipe yields 2 1/4 C (365g)
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 C (260g) Corn Kernels fresh off the cob, about two ears
- 1/4 C (35g) Red Onion minced, about 1/4 of a red onion
- 1/3 C (55g) Green or Red Bell Pepper minced, about 1/2 a bell pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbs Jalapeño fresh or pickled, adjust to taste. remove ribs and seeds to quell the spicy if desired
- 2 Tbs + 1 tsp Fresh Lime Juice from about 2 limes
- 3 Tbs Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper optional
Shuck the sweet corn, and use your sharpest knife to remove the niblets. To do this, turn the cob on its end and slice off the kernels in a pie plate so the niblets stay corralled on the plate.
In a large mixing bowl add the corn kernels (and any corn milk from the fresh corn), red onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Mix well, taste for salt adjustment.
Refrigerate for at least an our before sharing so the flavors can marry. Up to 24 hours, even better.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 372mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 164IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg