Creamy Guacamole Recipe with Sour Cream
An essential dip or condiment to be shared along side all your Mexican food favorites, we're making a Creamy Guacamole Recipe with Sour Cream! It's easy to make with delicious results. See blog post above for storage tips! This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and easily vegan.
- 3 (615g) Avocados
- 1 - 2 Tbs (8-16g) Fresh Jalapeño chopped fine, depending on how spicy your pepper is - start with 1 Tbs, then increase to taste. You'll need about 1 medium jalapeno.
- 1 Tbs (8g) Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs (25g) Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt adjust to taste
- 3 Tbs (25g) Red Onion chopped fine
- 1 1/2 Tbs (6g) Fresh Cilantro chopped fine
- 1/3 C (70g) Roma Tomato chopped small
- 2 Tbs (35g) Sour Cream
Slice the avocados and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and spoon it into a medium mixing bowl.
To the avocados, add the jalapeños, garlic, lime juice and salt. Mash with a potato masher or fork until creamy with some small chunks left.
To the mixture, add the onion, cilantro, tomato and sour cream. Fold the ingredients together until they're evenly distributed and the sour cream is incorporated. Taste for salt and lime. A little more of either can be added to taste, a pinch or squeeze at a time.
Cover and rest the guacamole in the fridge. Share within 15-20 minutes to prevent browning. Or use any of the preservation techniques described in the blog post above.
Share with your favorite Mexican food recipes, dollop on tacos, bowls or use as a dip! It's fabulous on toast too!
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg