Hearty, easy, nourishing and so mouth-watering; White Bean Cabbage Soup is a steamy one-pot recipe that will serve up cozy during the coldest months of the year. This vegetarian or vegan cabbage soup recipe is freezer friendly and gluten free.
– In a large Dutch Oven, add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until they're soft with a bit of golden color.
– Add the cabbage to the leeks. Cook on low stirring occassionally to cook down.
– Add garlic, salt, broth, potatoes and thyme bundle. Bring to a simmer, then cook on low for a fork tender potato.
– Remove the thyme bundle, stir in the beans and a good squeeze of lemon. Warm through. Taste to adjust salt and pepper seasoning as needed. Garnish with parmesan and fresh thyme leaves if desired.
– Store in a lidded container in the refrigerator. This soup is freezer friendly. Gently rewarm on the stovetop when ready to enjoy.