vegetarian & vegan
A classic feel good simple soup made vegetarian! Chickpea Noodle Soup recipe comes together quick and in one pot. Full of flavor and easy to make this vegetable noodle soup will keep you warm and cozy. This recipe is freezer friendly, vegetarian and vegan.
– Add the oil to a Dutch oven and heat until it shimmers. Add the celery, carrots and onion. Cook until the veggies begin to soften.
– Add the garlic, stir and cook for a bit longer. Pour in the veggie broth. Add the bay leaves and sprinkle in the oregano, thyme, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil.
– Once the soup is boiling, stir in the pasta and cook, uncovered until al dente. Stir occasionally.
– Remove from heat. Squeeze in a bit of lemon juice. Stir. Add more salt if needed. Once the pasta is tender, stir in the chickpeas and warm through.
– Ladle into soup bowls, add a few grinds of fresh black pepper and garnish with parsley if desired.