An easy to make chunky Veggie Corn Chowder recipe chock full of corn, potatoes, and beans with white cheddar and optional jalapeño peppers. This vegetarian corn chowder comes together in about 30 minutes making it a cozy weeknight favorite! This recipe is vegetarian and gluten free.
– In a Dutch oven, add the oil and heat until it shimmers. – Add the onion and saute until just softened.
– To the soup pot, stir in the corn, jalapeños, garlic, paprika, salt and potatoes. Pour in the broth and water. Stir. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are just fork tender.
– Transfer some of the soup mixture to a blender and pour in the milk. Blend until smooth. Transfer the blended soup back into the soup pot and stir in the beans. Cook just to warm through.
– Remove from heat, stir in the cheese and squeeze in the lime juice. Taste for salt.
– Ladle into soup bowls, add a fresh ground black pepper and garnish as desired.