An easy to make, over the top flavorful sauerkraut sandwich with roasted beets! This Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich features roasted beets with a tangy Russian dressing slathered over rye or sourdough bread, topped with Swiss cheese and kraut! It's meal prep ready too! This recipe is vegetarian, easily vegan and gluten free when made with gluten free bread.
– In a small lidded container add the mayo, ketchup, Sriracha, dijon, Worcestershire, pepper and dill pickles. Whisk to evenly distribute the ingredients.
– Brush the skillet with olive oil. Lay both pieces of bread in the skillet and schmear both sides with sauce.
– Lay a slice of cheese on each side of the bread, over the sauce.
– Top with drained kraut.
– Turn the heat on and toast with the lid on for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted, then put the sandwich together.
– This veggie reuben is vegetarian, easily vegan and gluten free when made with gluten free bread.