Flatbread Pizza with Pesto, Shaved Asparagus, Mushrooms and Feta
Dinner in 15 minutes? Yes we can! Preheat the pan in the oven while you saute the mushrooms, assemble the ingredients and build the pizza. Bake for five minutes on high heat to ensure a crispy crust. Make it your own using the freshest seasonal ingredients and your favorite greens on top. Vegetarian
Servings 2 Individual Size Pizzas or 3 Servings
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil virgin, unrefined
- 1 1/2 C Cremini Mushrooms stems removed, sliced, 86g
- 2 Pieces Flatbread I like Naan for this recipe
- 1/4-1/3 C Your favorite Pesto 50g-72g
- 1 C Shaved Asparagus loosely packed with leftover stem sliced thin, stem tips in tact, 100g
- 1/4 C Kalamata Olives quartered, 28g
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 C Mozzarella Cheese 52g
- 1/2 C Feta Cheese 35g
- 1 1/2 C Spinach Arugula Mix loosely packed (I use Earthbound Farm) 38g
- 2 Hand fulls of Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar for Drizzling
Set a oven rack on the highest position in the oven. Slide in a sheet pan, pizza stone or cast iron skillet and peheat oven to 550F (287C).
Heat oil in saute pan until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and stir only occasionally for five minutes. We want the mushrooms to sear as this will bring out their flavor. Remove from heat and set aside.
To build the pizza, place each piece of Naan on a sheet of parchment paper. Dividing the ingredients between the two pizzas, spread the pesto over the flatbread, almost to the edges. Layer the asparagus, mushrooms, kalamata olives, a pinch of red pepper and oregano, mozzarella and a few pieces of feta (save some feta for the top later).
Remove the pan from the oven and carefully transfer the pizza to the pan. If using a cast iron skillet, you'll need to bake one at a time. Bake on the top rack for five minutes. Remove from oven and transfer pizza to a cutting board. Place a generous hand full of salad mix on top of the pizza, add a bit of feta, a few sliced tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Slice with a pizza wheel and serve immediately.
Serve with sea salt and red pepper flakes.
Calories: 844kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 2516mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3901IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 528mg | Iron: 3mg