Nourishing fall flavors come together in this simple yet flavor packed salad. With a snappy dressing, Beet and Apple Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette is versatile enough to pull together with your favorite greens.
– Toast the walnuts in a preheated oven for 8-9 minutes. Keep an eye on them. Set aside to cool. Rough chop once cool.
– To assemble the salad, arrange the greens first, then layering beets, apples, cheese then the cooled nuts. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, to taste, add a few fresh pepper grinds, then serve right away.
– The beets and nuts can be prepared up to three days in advance. Store the beets in a lidded container in the refrigerator and the toasted nuts at room temperature.
– Into a jar with a tight fitting lid add the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, a pinch of salt and dijon mustard if using. Shake vigorously.
– Dressing may be made up to three days in advance. Store at room temperature.
– Nourishing fall flavors come together in this simple yet flavor packed salad.