Calling all bourbon fans!
Bourbon Pecan Pie, made with just a touch of bourbon, molasses, and butter with the flakiest homemade pie dough is a favorite anytime of year! I made this Bourbon Pecan Pie without corn syrup – but it tastes as fabulous, if not better than the traditional!
– In a small sauce-pot mix the brown rice syrup and sugar. Remove from heat and add the butter, molasses, bourbon and vanilla. Whisk to mix.
– Preheat oven. Toast the pecan halves. – Arrange the pecans in the bottom of the pie, in an even layer with tops up.
– Gently, pour the sugar-egg mixture over the pecans. – Bake turning 1/2 way through baking. It's done when the center is just set but still slightly soft.
– Remove from the oven and allow to cool overnight. Store at room temperature for up to three days.
– To reheat for service with ice cream, place in an oven for about 8 minutes.