A crunchy, healthy and flavorful Carrot Raisin Salad recipe walnuts and celery drizzled with a Creamy Honey-Lemon Dressing. Easy to make and soooo good with all the spring and summer things like Black Bean Walnut Burgers and Olive and Egg Potato Salad! This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and easily vegan.
– Preheat oven and toast walnuts until fragrant and slightly golden. Set aside to cool. Rough chop.
– If the raisins are stiff and/or dry, place them into a small bowl and pour hot water over them. This will plump them up. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded carrots, pineapple, celery, walnuts, raisins and parsley. If celery leaves were reserved, chop fine and add them to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
– If you have time, rest in the fridge for at least one hour so the flavors can marry. Store in a lidded container for up to three days. Toss again before serving.
For the Dressing: – In a small mixing bowl, add the mayo, honey, lemon juice and zest and salt. Whisk to incorporate the flavors.
– Easy to make and soooo good with all the summer things!