vegetarian & vegan
Making a gluten free sourdough starter couldn’t be easier. Start with a few simple ingredients, a little time and patience, soon you’ll be making delicious homemade gluten free sourdough bread, pizza, pancakes, and waffles! This recipe is vegetarian and vegan.
2 1/2" Biscuits
– In a spouted measuring cup add sourdough discard, milk and optional apple cider vinegar. Whisk.
– In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and soda. Add cold butter.
– Incorporate the butter.
– Pour in the sourdough starter/milk mixture.
– Gently mix, scooping up, folding and pressing the dough.
– Flour your work surface and turn the dough out. Flour and knead the dough until a cohesive dough forms.
– Form into a round, then roll or pat it into a thick disk.
– Cut the biscuits with a biscuit cutter and transfer them to the parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Freeze them.
– While the biscuits are in the freezer, preheat the oven. Then bake the biscuits straight from the freezer on a parchment lined sheet pan until golden.
– Share warm, right out of the oven.