Spinach Pecan Brown Rice Salad with Feta makes a healthy weekday lunch or a hearty salad for a weekend picnic. An easy, make ahead cold rice salad. This recipe is vegetarian, easily vegan and gluten free.
– Combine the brown rice and water in a stock pot and bring to a boil. Stir once, put the lid on and cook on low. Let rice sit uncovered. The rice can be made one day ahead and chilled overnight.
– Preheat oven. Toast the pecans until fragrant and slightly darker. Set aside to cool. Chop into small pieces.
– Combine the rice, pecans, bell pepper, olives, onion, spinach, feta and parsley. Set aside.
– To make the dressing, squeeze the lemon juice and zest into a bowl, whisk in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
– For best flavor, chill for at least 1/2 an hour then serve. Store in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
– Spinach Pecan Brown Rice Salad with Feta makes a healthy weekday lunch or a hearty salad for a weekend picnic.