Fresh Pina Colada
A creamy, fresh summertime cocktail. Quick and simple to whip up with fresh, frozen or canned pineapple. vegan + gluten free
Servings 2 - 3 Servings
- 1 1/2 C Whole Pineapple Chunks* 245g (if using canned chunks - from a whole pineapple see notes)
- 1/4 C Pineapple Juice 48g
- 2 Tbs Coconut Cream** from a can of full fat coconut milk - see note
- 3 oz White Rum 70g - for two servings (4 1/2 oz (105g) for three) see notes
- 1 Tbs Cane Sugar*** adjust to taste - See Note
- 3 C Ice 320 g
Serving size: If serving in low ball glasses, I can get three servings out of this batch. If serving in a high ball, two servings. Adjust the rum according to serving size.
Fresh Pina Coladas are fabulous as mocktails. Simply leave the rum out and add a few more chunks of pineapple and/or one tablespoon of coconut cream!
*If using fresh cut pineapple chunks measure out almost two cups(245g). Because the chunks are hand cut, rather from a machine like canned, they will be odd shaped and probably larger in size. **For the coconut creme, I use a can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated, then I scoop out the solid coconut cream needed for the recipe. ***The amount of added sugar can be adjusted up or down depending on the sweetness of the pineapple. Sometimes I add more, sometimes less.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 613mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 69g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 43.3mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1.6mg