I’ve already started singing the Pina Colada song…. I know you are too.
I can hear you.
I’m making this one short and sweet as I’m taking a bit of a blogging break. We’ve still a few weeks of Summer despite having seen loads of Halloween candy at the store. This recipe is a bit of a push back to the encroachment of commercialism surrounding Fall’s holiday season. There’s still much to enjoy before Fall gets here. Why rush it?
Fresh Pina Colada is on my weekend to-make list frequently. It’s quick and easy with just a few ingredients I typically have in the pantry when pineapple is out of season. Fresh is my favorite, however, when it’s in season.
So lets sing the Pina Colada song one more time.
And hold on to and appreciate Summer as long as we have it.
Fresh Pina Colada
- 1 1/2 C Whole Pineapple Chunks 308g
- 1/4 C Pineapple Juice 48g
- 2 Tbs Coconut Creme* See Note
- 3 oz White Rum 70g
- 1 Tbs Cane Sugar** See Note
- 3 1/2 C Ice 490 g
- Fresh Pineapple
- In a high speed blender, add the pineapple chunks, juice, coconut creme, rum, sugar and ice. Blend on high speed until the the mixture is smooth yet still icy cold. Taste for sugar adjustment if needed.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with fresh pineapple, and cherries.
Recipe Notes*For the coconut creme, I use a can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated, then I scoop out the solid coconut cream needed for the recipe.
**The amount of added sugar can be adjusted up or down depending on the sweetness of the pineapple. Sometimes I add more, sometimes less.
Thank you for reading! If you make this recipe, be sure to post it to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter notify me @vanillaandbean and tag #vanillaandbean! I’d love to see what you’ve made! Follow me on Pinterest, too, for even more deliciousness!