Nectarine, Pistachio and Goat Cheese Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
Use a mix of the freshest market summer greens in this simple salad. Bibb, red leaf, tender romaine, flashy trout back... whatever your favorite! Switch up the fruit too, to whatever is in season from fresh cherries, peaches, to the freshest berries. Mix it up! Vegetarian + Gluten Free
Servings 4 Servings
For the Dressing (yields about 1/2 C (135g):
- 1 1/2 Tbs Raw and Local Honey
- 4 Tbs Extra Virgen Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Champaign Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- Pinch of Fine Sea Salt
For the Salad:
- 8 C (120g) Fresh Tender Lettuce Greens such as bib, red leaf, romaine.
- 3 Nectarines, white or yellow cut into wedges
- 2 oz (56g) Goat Cheese crumbled
- 6 Tbs (64g) Pistachios roasted and salted, shells removed
For the Dressing:
In a lidded jar, add the honey, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, poppy seeds and salt. Shake until ingredients are emulsified. Taste for seasoning/sweet adjustment.
Store leftover dressing in a lidded container at room temperature and use within a few days. For longer storage, refrigerate for up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature before dressing the salad.