Rich, creamy, dairy-free, this cashew milk easy to make and it needs no straining (a triumph!)! This Homemade Cashew Milk Recipe is my go-to milk for every day, perfect to enjoy alone or in sweet and savory recipes. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
– Soak the cashews in very hot water OR cashews can be soaked in room temperature water for two hours or overnight as well.
– Drain cashews and rinse. Add cashews to the blender along with dates, water, salt, extract and cinnamon. Blend until smooth and frothy.
– If you find your cashew milk still has some chunks, strain the solids out using a nut milk bag, layered cheese cloth or other fine strainer.
– Store in a lidded container for up to three days. Shake well before using.
– Quick and easy, Cashew Milk is a rich and creamy non-dairy milk to enjoy with porridge, chia pudding, and lattes'. Play with the level of sweetness to taste.