Olive Tapenade makes a delicious accompaniment to your appetizer table. Serve it too as a relish or spread. Versatile. Salty. Garlicky. vegan + gluten-free
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 Cups
- 2 1/2 C Mixed Pitted Olives such as Black Kalamata, Green, drained, 345g
- 2 Tbs Capers drained
- 2 Tbs Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes drained
- 1 Tbs Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 4 Tbs Fresh Parsley Leaves chopped, or 1 Tbs dried
- 1 Tbs Fresh Basil Leaves chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil 50g
- A few grinds of black pepper
In the bowl of a food processor, add the olives, capers, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper.
For a relish, pulse a few times, then scrape down the bowl. Pulse a few more times, and the relish will be ready.
For a chunky spread (pictured here), pulse up to 15-17 times, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times.
For a spreadable tapenade, process until a paste is formed, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times.
Garnish with parsley leaves and olive oil for drizzling. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up two weeks.
- Serve with crackers, a baguette, pita or veggies such as cucumber, or celery, it can also be used as a spread or relish on sandwiches, or toast. It's fabulous too as bruschetta or crostini.
- For a relish, pulse only a few times. For a spread, process until almost a paste forms.
- It pairs well with a good red wine.
- Olive Tapenade makes a perfect picnic companion alone or slathered on this sandwich, with that red wine or if you prefer, a martini.