Sharing a quick, fresh cocktail recipe this week to go with those shimmering Sugared Cranberries. They’re worth it, trust me.
Not a conventional cocktail name, but one that you’ll make over and over again.
Let me explain…
The Big Sister.
Always on the lookout for a good cocktail, my sister (The Big Sister) and I decided to start perusing and experimenting to shake up our cocktail routine. We are particularly inquisitive when going out, to try something new or glean ideas from the menu. There’s always a crafty new cocktail to experience.
Most recently, my sister was at Etta’s in Seattle where she tried a new cocktail, strangely enough called To Your Good Health, or something like that. It’s apparently a play on the Moscow Mule. She decided it was worth creating her own version. After-all, something this good needs to be shared.
She shared her concoction with me.
I knew I had to share it with y’all.
It’s so fresh, slightly sweet and citrusy with zing from the ginger beer. You’re going to love this adult beverage. The Big Sister approved.
- 2 1/2 oz (70g) Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz (28g) Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 oz (28g) Ginger Beer
- 1 1/2 oz (70g) Citrus Vodka*
- 1/4 oz (7g) Simple Syrup**
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 Sugared Cranberries, skewered
- To a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice, cranberry juice, orange juice, ginger beer, vodka, simple syrup and a drop or two of lemon juice. Test to see if it needs a bit more simple. If so, add just about a 1/4 tsp more at a time.
- Shake 3-4 times. Pour over ice.
- Garnish with Sugared Cranberries.
**To make simple syrup, add 1/4 C sugar and 1/4 C water to a small sauce-pot. Bring to a simmer, whisk to dissolve sugar. Cool and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Inspired by The Big Sister via Etta's in Seattle.