Simple ingredients create a fabulous homemade pizza. This Greek Pizza recipe is simple yet flavor packed! Make it for your next pizza night! This recipe is vegetarian and gluten free.
Homemade Pizza Love
Homemade pizza is a labor of love and IMHO well worth the effort. Once I overcame the learning curve, I found making pizza is something I look forward to each week. I get into my zen zone and the process unfolds. It’s not hard to do…. it just takes a little pre planning, practice and time.
This gluten free Greek pizza isn’t the authentic crust variety, rather it’s the toppings that give this vegetarian pizza its name. This gluten free pizza recipe is layered with Homemade Pizza Sauce, Mozzarella, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, more cheese, olives and feta cheese to create a mediterranean pizza.
Quick Guide: How to Make Gluten Free Greek Pizza
- Start with a par-baked Gluten Free Pizza Crust (glutenous dough can be used as well – see recipe notes).
- Preheat the oven a pizza stone or sheet pan to 550F.
- Slather on Homemade Pizza Sauce.
- Layer on tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, olives, more cheese and finally the feta.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes!
Super simple and fast!
A Few Greek Pizza Recipe Tips
- Homemade Gluten Free Pizza Crust, as seen here, can be used in this recipe or a glutenous pizza dough. Homemade Gluten Free Pizza Crust is par-baked before the toppings are added where as a glutenous crust is baked raw with the raw toppings. See notes*** for more information.
- Use Homemade Pizza Sauce for this and any pizza recipe. Five minutes is all you need, and it’s freezer friendly!
- Share this Greek Pizza with delicious Pickled Banana Peppers.
- I love both black and Kalamata olives and use them interchangeably in this mediterranean pizza. Use what you love! Kalamatas are saltier and have a sharper taste than black olives. If using Kalamata, consider scaling back a bit on the feta as it’s salty as well.
- Freezer Friendly? Unfortunately not. But this gluten free pizza makes excellent leftovers. Simply store the leftovers in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Greek Pizza Recipe
- 1 Par-Baked Gluten Free Pizza Crust *see note
- 1/2 C (130g) Homemade Pizza Sauce plus more to taste
- 1 C (115g) Mixed Italian Cheese or Mozzarella shredded **see note
- 2 Roma or Stupice Tomatoes small, sliced thin or diced
- 1/2 (100g) Green Bell Pepper sliced thin
- 1/4 C (30g) Purple Onions sliced thin, about 1/2 of a small onion
- 1/3 C (50g) Black or Kalamata Olives sliced thin
- 1/3 C (60g) Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1-2 Tbs Parmesan Cheese grated **see note
- 1/2 tsp Organo dried
- A Few Leaves of Basil torn into small pieces, optional
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Get the Oven Ready: Prepare the oven by placing oven rack at the very top setting and if making two pizzas, another rack directly below the top. Place sheet pan(s) and/or pizza stones on racks. Two pizzas can be baked at the same time. Preheat the oven to 550F (288C).
- Make the Pizza: Place a piece of parchment paper on a cool sheet pan. Place the par-baked gluten free pizza crust on top of the parchment - no need for parchment if using a pizza peel.***. Slather on the pizza sauce. Add a thin layer of mixed cheese or mozzarella, then evenly distribute the tomatoes, bell peppers, purple onions, olives, remaining cheese, and feta. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake the Pizza: Using a pizza peel or the back of a sheet pan, slide the pizza on to the preheated stone or sheet pan. Bake the assembled pizza on a preheated stone or pan at 550F (288C) for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese has melted and sauce is bubbly - a little cheese blistering is okay! The pizza bakes fast at high heat, so keep an eye on it! Remove from oven, sprinkle on the fresh basil and allow to rest for five minutes. Cut into 8 equal pieces.Store pizza leftovers in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat at 350F for about 12 minutes.