Vegan Nog Smoothie is rich and tastes so much like the real thing! Healthy, smooth, creamy and ready for your holiday table, boozy or not.
I’ve one last recipe to share with y’all before Christmas. I recently discovered this and just had to pass it along!
I continue to be impressed and inspired by what cashews can be transformed into. Not only are they delicious and nutritions just as they are, but also they can be toasted, seasoned, chopped and used in all kinds of recipes, whipped up into ice cream, milk and now this….. THIS!
When I first tried vegan nog, I was hooked and so excited I’d discovered an alternative to traditional eggnog. Not that I don’t like traditional eggnog, I love eggnog. I love how creamy it is with all the holiday spices, the sweetness, I adore it in my lattes, french toast, with booze… you name it. But I’m always looking for ways to incorporate more plant based foods into my diet, and this is just my latest.
It never occurred to me I could enjoy eggnog so close to the original in dairy and egg free form. Now I know.
Y’all, this is creamy, rich, smooth, with loads of vanilla (1/2 a bean pod!), cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. It is naturally sweetened with bananas, dates and maple syrup and it’s healthy too, feeding your body and soul.
Enjoy vegan nog with a bit of rum or bourbon (I used light rum) or not. It is quite nice either way!
Here’s a toast to y’all with much gratitude. Thank you for reading Vanilla And Bean, for coming regularly and sharing your insight, wisdom, and exuberant enthusiasm for good food. I really didn’t know what this little corner of the blogosphere would turn into, or really where it’s going, but the journey has been so inspiring, and exciting! I continue to be in awe with how the Internet brings people together in ways I once never imagined. Thank you for sharing, offering, reaching out and being a part of this vibrant and growing community of food lovers.
All my best to you and yours and wishing y’all a peaceful and beautiful holiday season.
Vegan Nog Smoothie
- 1/2 C Raw Cashews soaked overnight in 1 C water
- 1/4 C Hemp Hearts
- 2 C Water for a thicker smoothie use 1 1/2 C water
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 Medjool Date pitted at room temperature
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon + microplaned cinnamon stick for garnish
- 3/4 tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg + more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric for color
- 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt fine grain
- 1/4 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean Pod split down the center
- Two handfuls of ice (optional for serving extra cold and thick)
- oz Add 1/4 of Rum per 8 oz serving for a bit of holiday cheer
- Drain the cashews and rinse well.
- In a Vitamix, layer the ingredients starting with the cashews, then add the hemp hearts, water, bananas, date, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, turmeric, salt, lemon juice and the 1/2 piece of vanilla bean pod. Add ice according to taste.
- Blend until all the ingredients are pulverized and smooth, about one minute. Taste and re blend as desired.
- Add the optional Rum as desired, stir, garnish with grated cinnamon and nutmeg and serve.
Recipe NotesThis recipe can be easily adjusted to your taste. Increase or decrease the spice blend as desired.
Adapted from My New Roots
If you make this recipe, or any others on Vanilla And Bean, be sure to post it to Instagram or Facebook, notify me @vanillaandbean and tag #vanillaandbean! I’d love to see what you’ve made! Also, if you like my content, please consider sharing it with three friends and/or family and follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and/or Twitter. Thank you!