A Summertime bourbon peach cocktail to quench those dog days. Bourbon, peach, mint and ginger come together to create a flavor packed sipper; The Bourbon Peach Smash!
I really feel like gushing over this cocktail, y’all.
It’s that good.
But If I gushed over every recipe I share here, I think y’all’ll start leaving (can you believe that’s a word? I heard it in Texas – just sayin’). Thing is, everything I share here is food I love and it would be easy for me to gush every. single. time. So can I just make sure we have an understanding, between us, of food shared here… that I’m gushing behind the scenes?
A few years ago when my Ma came up, all the way from Texas, she introduced me to Bourbon Peach Smash. One of our first orders of business was to make this drink and chocolate babka.
We did both.
At the same time.
I recommend not drinking Peach Smash while devouring babka (i.e. any sweet baked good) because there’s too much sweetness going on to appreciate one or the other. However, it’s perfectly okay to sip Peach Smash while in the midst of mixing dough, chopping chocolate, letting dough rise (make another Smash.. while you wait), rolling out dough, filling it, letting it rise again, and baking babka.
It’s an all day event!
Ever since then, this is the Summer cocktail. Refreshing, sweet, cold, gingery, minty and oh so peachy.
Ingredients for Bourbon Peach Smash
This Peach Bourbon Cocktail comes together in 10 minutes and requires only a few ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Simple Syrup
- Fresh Peaches
- Ginger Ale
- Crushed Ice
If you’re serving a crowd, the recipe can be easily scaled to make a pitcher, then served as a punch or poured over ice. Just make sure everyone gets some juicy bits of peach.
How to Make this Bourbon Peach Cocktail
Make the simple syrup days in advance so it’s nice and chill when ready to make this smash up! No fancy glasses needed, share in high ball glasses or 16oz Mason jars. Here’s how to make it:
- First, make the simple syrup by adding equal parts sugar and water to a sauce pan (add mint to for more minty freshness!). Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and cool in the refrigerator.
- Next, in a high ball glass, add the peaches, mint and simple syrup. Muddle the ingredients 5-6 times. Add the bourbon, then fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Last, top off with cold ginger ale and stir well pulling the peach/syrup mixture to the top.
These would make fabulous poptails.
And the babka. That’ll be happening again when my mom arrives along with this peach smash.
For more fresh fruit sippers, check out:
- Watermelon Mojito
- Mezcal Mango Smash
- Strawberry Mojito
- Fresh Pina Colada
- Mango Sangria with Frozen Blueberries
Bourbon Peach Smash
For the Simple Syrup (Yields 2-3 Servings):
- 1/2 C Cane Sugar 120g
- 1/2 C Water 116g
- 1 leaves Stem of Mint and stem
- 1 " Nob of Fresh Ginger sliced thin
For the Cocktail (1 Serving):
- 1/2 of a Large Peach cut into cubes, skin on
- 4-5 Leaves Mint
- 1 oz Simple Syrup 28g
- 1 1/2 oz Bourbon* 43g
- Crushed Ice
- Ginger Ale cold
- Candied Ginger for garnish (optional)
For the Simple Syrup:
- In a small sauce-pot add the sugar, water, mint and ginger. Bring to a boil, swirl the pot gently to mix the ingredients, turn heat down and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Strain and set aside in the refrigerator to cool. The syrup can be made several days in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
For the Cocktail:
- In 16oz (454g) highball glass, add the peach pieces, mint and simple syrup. Muddle the ingredients 5-6 times. Add the bourbon, then fill the glass with crushed ice. I fill mine to the rim. Top off with cold ginger ale and stir well pulling the peach/syrup mixture to the top.
- Garnish with mint and an optional piece of candied ginger.