It’s fall, y’all! Time to whip up an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe! Simple to make with pantry staples like fresh pumpkin puree and your favorite pumpkin pie spices, this PSL recipe comes together quick. Enjoy with French Press Cold Brew Coffee, espresso, strong brewed coffee or instant coffee, you can make this pumpkin spice iced latte dairy full or dairy free! It’s SO versatile and delicious!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Spice Iced Latte
Made with pantry staples, this refreshing sipper is inspired by the original Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL). But, full disclosure, I’ve never tried their version. I followed my taste buds to whip this easy concoction up instead!
I mean with homemade, we’re talking fresh pumpkin puree, maple syrup and spices to taste, not to mention it’s just cheaper to make at home. Here’s why you’ll love this recipe:
- Economical – less expensive than the corner coffee shop (and less waste) to make at home
- Versatile – make it with your favorite milk and coffee plus adjust sweetness and spices to taste
- Naturally Sweetened – maple syrup brings fall flavors together
What’s in an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
This scrumptious drink is made with simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need for my version of homemade PSL (see recipe card for details):
- Pumpkin Puree (not pumkin pie) – Homemade Pumpkin Puree or store bought, either will work.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – use the blend or DIY with cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg (recipe below).
- Maple Syrup – creating a naturally sweetened and flavorful PSL.
- Milk of Choice – you can use dairy whole milk, Homemade Cashew Milk, almond milk, coconut milk or oat milk. If you like half n half, by all means!
- Vanilla Extract – for the most flavorful pumpkin iced latte.
- Ice – crushed or cubed – I like to run cubed ice through the Vitamix to create crushed.
- Whipped Cream – totally optional for topping – make it with heavy whipping cream or coconut cream.
How to Make Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
You’ll need to brew your favorite coffee and chill it or make Cold Brew Coffee (my favorite). Here’s how to make a cold pumpkin spice latte (see recipe card for details):
- First, in a blender add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, milk, coffee and vanilla extract.
- Next, blend all the ingredients together.
- Last, pour the mixture over ice, taste for sweet adjustment, stir and enjoy!
Easy Peasy!! Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream or coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of pie spice over the top! I find this PSL to be just as enjoyable without the whip, however. Enjoy right away!
How to DIY Pumpkin Spice
No pumpkin pie spice? It’s easy to make your own. Just mix these spices together and enjoy in your PSL and other favorite pumpkin recipes! To make pumpkin spice, here’s what you need:
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- pinch of Allspice if you have it
Tools to Make Strong Coffee
You’ll need about one cup of chilled/cold strong coffee per serving of Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. Here are some ways to get the job done:
- Favorite Method > Make a batch of Cold Brew Coffee using a French Press coffee maker.
- Make the coffee with an Espresso Machine and then chill the espresso.
- Brew a strong pot of coffee with a Drip Coffee Maker.
- Use a Moka Pot espresso coffee maker.
- Whip up a batch of instant coffee. Nescafe is my husbands favorite!
What I love about using cold brew in this recipe is that it produces a rich, strong coffee concentrate. I let it brew overnight, then when I’m ready for a PSL, it’s already at either room temperature or chilled.
A Few Recipe Tips
- Separation: As the pumpkin spice latte sets, it tends to separate a bit. Stir, shake or reblend just before pouring over ice. Share with a straw so it can be easily remixed.
- Double or Triple? Yes Please! This recipe doubles and triples with ease. One for you and more to share!
- Leftovers: If storing leftovers in the fridge, enjoy within three days for freshest flavor.
More Fall Drinks to Enjoy
- Earl Grey Tea with Milk (London Fog Tea)
- Spiked Orange Hot Chocolate
- MamMaws Holiday Coffee
- Bourbon Apple Cider Shrub Cocktails
5-Minute Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree* not pumpkin pie
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) Milk dairy free or full, I use homemade unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 cup (236 grams) Strong Coffee chilled
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Whipped Cream or Whipped Coconut Cream for Topping optional
- In the pitcher of a blender, I use Vitamix, add the pumpkin puree, milk, chilled coffee, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend until blended well and frothy, about 30 seconds. Taste for sweet adjustment. Blend again if needed.
- Pour into an ice packed glass and top with whipped cream if using. Sprinkle a bit of pumpkin pie spice over the whipped cream if desired. Share with a straw for sipping and stirring.
- Store PSL in a lidded container in the fridge for up to three days. As the pumpkin spice latte sets, it tends to separate a bit. Stir, shake or reblend just before pouring over ice. Share with a straw so it can be easily remixed.