Three ingredients never tasted so good! A fresh squeezed cocktail for all of your festive needs.
I almost forgot about the Solstice among all the holiday hustle. The shortest day of the year.. and you know, Pacific Northwesterners really feel it. Sometimes it seems like I blink and the sun has set again. But despite that, I cherish short, rainy gray days. Cozy ensues, the haunted call of the Varied Thrush is back and citrus is here!
When citrus is in season I want to eat it every day. Citrus Ginger Mint Green Smoothie is on the daily now but experimenting with new ways to enjoy it is always a pleasure.
After work a few weeks ago, Rob and I met for pizza at one of our favorite spots on the Island. The first thing I spied was the cocktail menu. They always have a fresh selection of creative cocktails, so, you know, I had my fingers crossed for citrus something.
When I saw the Orange Drop, I knew I had to try it. It was if the Universe had been listening to my desires. Orange heaven (!!).
Fresh squeezed citrus is a must in this recipe. I use clementines, but cara cara or mandarins will be just as delicious.
Three ingredients, a snap to pull together and oh so luscious.
I’m taking a bit of time off over the holidays, but I’ll be back with something fresh after the new year… This is my final toast of the year to y’all. Wishing you beautiful, festive and peaceful holidays. Thank you for reading Vanilla And Bean and sharing your kitchen (and life) adventures!
- 2 oz Absolut Mandarin Vodka 53g
- 2 1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice mandarin or clementine75g
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup or to taste 11g
- 1 Orange to make garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, orange juice and simple syrup. Add a few handfuls of ice and shake 4-5 times. Pour into martini glass.
- To make the orange twist garnish, use a channel knife to cut a strip of orange out starting at the top of the orange and spiraling around, holding it over the drink so that the orange oil falls into the glass. Wrap the strip around a chopstick and hold for a moment. Drape over side of glass.
Nutrition is provided as an estimate (per serving) and courtesy. If this information is important to you, please verify it independently.