Spice up your taste buds with this creamy and versatile 5-Minute Jalapeño Aioli condiment recipe. This quick recipe features tangy Pickled Jalapeños, creamy mayonnaise, fresh cilantro and garlic, and zesty lime juice whipped up in a food processor for ultimate easy. Slather jalapeño lime aioli on sandwiches, drizzle it on tacos or use it as a dipping sauce; it’s versatile and delicious! This recipe is vegetarian or vegan and easily gluten-free.
Table of Contents
Highlights of Quick Jalapeno Aioli
Aioli is traditionally made by emulsifying garlic, olive oil, and often egg yolks. However, for this recipe, we’re making a quick, cheater aioli featuring the convenience of prepared mayonnaise. Use Jalapeno Aioli for slathering on sandwiches, burgers, as a dip for veggies, french fries or sauce on tacos or burritos. It’s loaded with flavor but isn’t spicy, although you can modify the recipe to adjust spicyness to taste.
This Recipe Is:
- Easy to Make in 5 Minutes
- Make Ahead Ready
- Adjust the Spicy to Taste
If you love homemade Condiments, you’ll enjoy this recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This Jalapeno Aioli recipe can be whipped up quickly with a few fresh ingredients and pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need (see recipe card for details):
- Mayonnaise – use your favorite here, whether egg full or egg free. I like Vegenaise.
- Fresh Garlic – for authentic aioli flavor. Use fresh minced garlic for a sharp, slightly spicy and earthy flavor.
- Pickled Jalapenos – adds tangy flavor with a bit of heat. You can add more to taste!
- Fresh Cilantro – adds herby freshness to this tasty condiment.
- Lime Juice – fresh squeezed for best flavor. Lime juice adds a bit of acidity and also loosens the jalapeno garlic aioli.
At a Glance: How to Make Quick Jalapeno Aioli
Make at least 30 minutes ahead to allow the flavors to marry for best flavor. This cilantro jalapeno sauce can be prepared and stored in the fridge for several days. Using a food processor is the quickest way to make it. However, you can make it without one by finely chopping the veggies by hand and then mixing them with mayo, lime and salt.
In summary, here’s how to whip up this delicious Jalapeno Aioli (see recipe card below for details):
- First, in a food processor, add the mayonnaise, jalapeno rings, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Next, whirl the ingredients until the jalapeno aioli sauce is creamy with some chunks remaining.
- Last, transfer to a storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.
This jalapeno mayo recipe doubles with ease, so if you’re making more than four sandwiches or burgers, you’ll probably need another batch!
What to Serve it With
The sky is the limit with how you can enjoy jalapeno mayo. This condiment’s rich taste and versatility make it right at home with a variety of dishes. Here are some recipes to serve quick aioli with:
Also, you can dollop it over baked potatoes or enjoy it as a dip with fresh crunchy veggies.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: fresh ingredients make all the difference in this tasty condiment. Fresh minced garlic, rather than prepared or jarred, has a more intense and vibrant flavor as does fresh cilantro.
- Make Ahead: give the jalapeno lime aioli at least 30 minutes in the fridge before serving so the flavors have time to marry.
- More Spice: as written, this jalapeno aioli recipe isn’t spicy. If you’d like more spice, make as is, then add more pepper rings, a few at a time, and process again, tasting as you go.
More Condiment Recipes to Try
5-Minute Jalapeño Aioli
Make the Quick Jalapeno Aioli
- In the work bowl of a food processor*, add the mayonnaise, garlic, pickled jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Process until smooth and creamy. Some small chunks are okay. Taste for spicy adjustment adding more jalapenos if desired.
- Transfer to a lidded container and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, and up to four days, before serving so the flavors can marry.